IKON SOFT is looking for a new enthusiastic and dedicated Database Engineer – MySQL (remote) to come on board.
What you’ll be doing…
You’ll be teaming with some of the most well known database experts in the industry who are even better teammates, friends and mentors. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your own skills and become more powerful than you can possibly imagine…. with databases.
This is not a boring, entry-level role where you’ll just be triaging the boring and monotonous.
Your main responsibility will be helping our customers’ DBA teams when they need expert assistance. You’ll do that by gathering relevant data and investigating issues to provide a detailed analysis of your findings in a digestible format by email, instant message or voice. For more serious and production impacting issues, you’ll perform screen sharing sessions to help them quickly navigate and resolve issues.
When you’re not fixing things, you’ll be authoring new blog posts on interesting topics for our open-source community to digest, answering questions on our forum, creating new articles in our customer facing knowledge base for more frequently seen issues, and hosting webinars amongst other things.
This is a remote role, so you can be located anywhere in the world. All you need is a decent, stable internet connection.
What does it take to be a Ikon Soft Superhero?
- Exceptional knowledge of MySQL
- Be a wizard with databases and associated technical configurations
- Knowledgeable about performance tuning, query optimization, & index tuning
- Detailed understanding of monitoring requirements
- Demonstrable experience of administering Linux based systems
- Ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues
- Enthused to expand your skillset with new technologies as the industry continues to evolve
- Availability to travel for the occasional team meeting, conference and customer visit
- Excellent written and spoken English and ability to work effectively with English-speaking customers
It’s a bonus if you have experience with these:
- Backup solutions such as XtraBackup, & MyDumper
- HA solutions such as MHA
- Galera / XtraDB Cluster, & HAProxy
- Cloud Services such as AWS and RDS
- Configuration management solutions such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- MySQL DBA Professional Certifications
- Kubernetes / OpenShift / Docker
Location: Remote, work from home position. Part time collaboration is accepted. Participation with the on-call team schedule. A stable internet connection is required.
If you are interested to join our professional team, please send your CV to: [email protected]
Note: only selected candidates after CV screening phase will be contacted.
Mai multe informații
- Studii superioare Calificat, Absolvent
- Ani de experiență 0-5, 5-10
- Nivel de experiență Middle